“Becoming acquainted with yourself is a price well worth paying for the love that will really address your needs.” Daphne Rose Kingma
How happy are you with where you are right now?
This month, with Valentine’s day just around the corner, I wanted to focus on how we can connect more with our true desires. Self-love is the key to success and by doing more of what we love we fulfil our own needs instead of expecting other people to fulfil our needs for us.
When people come to me for me for coaching, I don’t just want to know where they are and where they want to be but how they feel about where they are and how they want to feel.
In my last blog I talk about how important it is FEEL your best FUTURE when setting a goal. Too often we deny our desires and the truth of how we feel by repressing them beneath what we should or ought to do. We ignore our needs instead of asserting what we want and what we choose.
When there’s a disconnection between what we truly value in our lives and what we do, it expresses itself as frustration, dissatisfaction and unhappiness.
“Negative feelings are wake up calls!” Danielle La Porte
It is only when we have the courage to look within and be completely honest with ourselves, paying attention to what we truly want and acknowledge how we really feel, that we can create exactly what we want in our lives and careers.
Do your passions, talents and desires flow through your work and personal life?
Here is a coaching exercise to help you get in touch with what is most important to YOU – your desires, your goals – and find ways to express them daily.
1) Get a blank piece of paper.
2) Create a Wheel of Life: draw a big circle and divide it into 8 segments and give each a heading which represents a key part of your life, such as: Lifestyle, Work/Career, Body & Wellness, Relationships, Money, Creativity & Learning, Fun & Leisure, and Family.
3) Give yourself a score out of ten how you are satisfied and fulfilled you are in each segment and ask yourself:
- What do I want to EXPERIENCE in each area?
- What do I need to DO to FEEL the way I want to feel?
What small action step can you commit to taking in each area in order to bring it closer to the life you truly desire?